Firestone PondGard 45 Mil EPDM Rubber Liner
It is becoming more popular for homeowners to look at their landscaping and see it as a canvas for expanding their living space. Even landscape architects will say a outdoor space that improves leisure time and can also add value to homes. They will also say that water features such as ponds are one of their top requested designs.
Thousands of water features get installed every year all using Firestone PondGard Liners including:
- Water gardens
- Reflection pond
- Pondless water features
- Natural styled ponds
- Koi ponds
- Decorative ponds
- Rainwater harvesting
Why Firestone 45 Mil Pond Liner is so Widely Used
Flexible liners are the liner of choice for most do-it-yourself pond builders and professional pond contractors. Aside from enhancing the value of your home and giving you more time to relax the Firestone pond liner is easy to install, durable, and allows you flexibility in your water feature design.
Benefits and Features of Pond Gard Liner
Long Lasting - PondGard liner is built to hold up to ozone, UV exposure, frost, snow and extremely hot or cold temperatures. The Firestone liner doesn't contain migrating plasticizers to protect against splitting, cracking, and microbial attacks caused from algae growth. Come with a 20 year warranty so that you can be sure if you build your water feature with PondGard liner after twenty years of use it will function as well as it did on day one.
- Environmentally Friendly - Firestone PondGard liner is designed exactly for backyard water garden applications and to support aquatic life (fish safe) and plant life.
- Easy to Maintain - Pond Gard liner is basically maintenance free. If you have to do happen to get a liner puncture, you can repair the liner while leaving it in place with a Firestone pond liner patch kit. Getting your water feature back up and running quickly and easily.
- Flexibility - Flexible pond liner can be used in all contours and shapes of water features.
- Simple to Install - Firestone’s QuickSeam™ Tape system allows you to take panels of liner in any size length, or widths and seamed together with no special tools needed for installation or utilities.
- Reputation - Pro pond contractor and landscape architects demand using Firestone pond liner. Due to being easy to install, flexibility to custom shapes, and ability to build natural looking water features.
- Aesthetics - Homeowners and pro pond builders love the beauty PondGard liner brings to their projects.
EPDM stands for (ethylene propylene diene monomer) pond liner look no further then the Firestone Pond Guard liner for ponds and waterfalls.
Don't settle for anything less then the Firestone 45 Mil EPDM Pond Guard pond liner for your water feature. Look for the Pond guard logo on the blue packaging with the marking PNDG to make sure your getting the best. That way you can enjoy it for decades and avoid costly and frustrating leaks and repairs over the years.
Firestone Technical Data Sheet: This will give you all the technical information you could ever want on Pond Gard liner. Here are some key points I took away from it while reading;
- Firestone PondGaurd rubber liners are a cured single-ply membrane made from an EPDM polymer formulated to be plant and fish friendly
- When seaming substrates must be clean, dry, smooth, and free of sharp edges, oil, grease, and other material that could damage the membrane liner.
- Brittleness Point - -45 Celsius and
- Passed Chronic Toxicity Screening
- Will give you the weight of every Firestone pond liner roll (135 - 2,700 lbs).
Firestone Pond Liner Installation Videos and Instructions
Detail 17 - Video Clip
Pipe Flashing or Fabricating a Pipe Boot With a 9" QuickSeam FormFlash
Detail 18 - Video Clip
Alternate Version of Fabricating a Pipe Flashing or Pipe Boot With QuickSeam FormFlash
Detail 19 - Video Clip
PondGard to a Corner Wall Install
Detail 20 - Video Clip
PondGard Panel adhering to a Substrate and Termination Strip or Bar
Detail 21 - Video Clip
QuickSeam Corner Flashing Being Installed
Detail 22 - Video Clip
Outside QuickSeam Corner Flashing Being Installed
Firestone Pond Liner Installation Materials
Firestone also manufacturers all the supplies you need for installing your pond liner. Go to the EPDM pond liner installation tools page.
Go back to main pond liner page.
Go to Firestone Manufacturer website.